BJP leaders submit memorandum against Cong misrule
New Delhi: A delegation of Delhi BJP on Wednesday
met President Pratibha Patil and submitted a memorandum
apprising her about findings of Shunglu Committee and CAG
relating to alleged corruption involving Delhi government and
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in Commonwealth Games projects.
The delegation, led by city unit president Vijender
Gupta, also submitted to the President signatures of more than
20 lakh people of the city protesting against "misrule" of
the Congress government.
The memorandum mentioned about spiralling prices of
essential commodities, failure of Delhi government in
regularising unauthorised colonies and alleged involvement of
Congress MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah in getting his daughter
admitted in a Delhi University college on a fake Class 12th
The delegation included senior leaders Vijay Kumar
Malhotra, Vijay Goel and Harsh Vardhan besides others.
In the memorandum, BJP mentioned about findings of
Shunglu Committee and the CAG about alleged corruption
involving Dikshit and her government in CWG projects and urged
Patil to take appropriate action against the guilty.
It also mentioned about a number of orders issued by the
City Lokayukta against Delhi Government.
Later speaking to reporters, Gupta said the party will
take out a protest march from Sahidi park to Race Course road
on Saturday demanding action against Marwah for his alleged
involvement in securing the admission of his daughter in BA
course in July last year by submitting "forged" documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader