BJP leaders submit memorandum against Cong misrule
New Delhi: A delegation of Delhi BJP on Wednesday
met President Pratibha Patil and submitted a memorandum
apprising her about findings of Shunglu Committee and CAG
relating to alleged corruption involving Delhi government and
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in Commonwealth Games projects.
The delegation, led by city unit president Vijender
Gupta, also submitted to the President signatures of more than
20 lakh people of the city protesting against "misrule" of
the Congress government.
The memorandum mentioned about spiralling prices of
essential commodities, failure of Delhi government in
regularising unauthorised colonies and alleged involvement of
Congress MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah in getting his daughter
admitted in a Delhi University college on a fake Class 12th
The delegation included senior leaders Vijay Kumar
Malhotra, Vijay Goel and Harsh Vardhan besides others.
In the memorandum, BJP mentioned about findings of
Shunglu Committee and the CAG about alleged corruption
involving Dikshit and her government in CWG projects and urged
Patil to take appropriate action against the guilty.
It also mentioned about a number of orders issued by the
City Lokayukta against Delhi Government.
Later speaking to reporters, Gupta said the party will
take out a protest march from Sahidi park to Race Course road
on Saturday demanding action against Marwah for his alleged
involvement in securing the admission of his daughter in BA
course in July last year by submitting "forged" documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video