BJP ministers to meet party workers every day
New Delhi: In a bid to improve coordination between the party and the government, the BJP Wednesday decided that union ministers would visit the party office every day and meet party workers.
This would lead to better coordination, and also strengthen the democratic system, Bharatiya Janata Party leader and Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said.
The party also decided that a minister on an official visit to any part of the country will make sure to visit the local party office.
"The ministers will meet party workers, listen to their problems and address their concerns. It is a good way to hear people`s voice," Javadekar said.
"Every minister will at least one day in a month come to the party office," he said.
The decisions were taken at a dinner meeting of the cabinet and senior party leaders, which was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission