BJP MLA alleges scam in NDMC, involvement of minister
New Delhi: Uproarious scenes were witnessed
in the Assembly on Friday when a BJP MLA alleged involvement of a
Delhi Minister in a Rs 250 crore "scam" in New Delhi Municipal
BJP MLA Karan Singh Tanwar, raising the issue during a
discussion under Special Mention, claimed that he has "proof
of the Minister`s involvement in the scam", triggering
vociferous protests from the ruling side.
Finance Minister A K Walia, Health Minister Kiran Walia,
Social Welfare Minister Mangatram Singhal and PWD Minister Raj
Kumar Chauhan protested the "baseless allegations", saying no
Delhi Government Minister is involved in the functioning of
the civic body.
Tanwar, demanding a CBI probe into the allegations,
submitted some documents to Speaker Yoganand Shastri, claiming
them to be "proof of the scam."
Senior BJP leader V K Malhotra, later talking to
reporters, tried to distance himself from the allegations and
said "I have not gone through the papers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives