BJP MLA alleges scam in NDMC, involvement of minister
New Delhi: Uproarious scenes were witnessed
in the Assembly on Friday when a BJP MLA alleged involvement of a
Delhi Minister in a Rs 250 crore "scam" in New Delhi Municipal
BJP MLA Karan Singh Tanwar, raising the issue during a
discussion under Special Mention, claimed that he has "proof
of the Minister`s involvement in the scam", triggering
vociferous protests from the ruling side.
Finance Minister A K Walia, Health Minister Kiran Walia,
Social Welfare Minister Mangatram Singhal and PWD Minister Raj
Kumar Chauhan protested the "baseless allegations", saying no
Delhi Government Minister is involved in the functioning of
the civic body.
Tanwar, demanding a CBI probe into the allegations,
submitted some documents to Speaker Yoganand Shastri, claiming
them to be "proof of the scam."
Senior BJP leader V K Malhotra, later talking to
reporters, tried to distance himself from the allegations and
said "I have not gone through the papers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims