BJP MLA`s cousin shot at
New Delhi: Cousin of a city BJP legislator was shot at on Monday night by unknown persons in Palam area of south-west Delhi.
Raj Solanki, cousin of BJP MLA from Palam, Dharamdev Solanki, was shot at by some unidentified persons after a heated argument reportedly over some property dispute, police said.
Solanki was rushed to a nearby hospital where his condition is stated to be critical.
According to police, the incident took place at around 9 PM when 50-year-old Solanki, who runs a property dealing business in Palam, had closed his office and was leaving for his home in Vasant Kunj.
Some unidentified persons, who were waiting for him, blocked his path.
A heated argument ensued between them and soon after one of the assailants trained a gun on Solank, said police sources.
Solanki tried to flee but the assailant fired around five round bullets out of which two bullets hit Raj and he collapsed on the road.
Solanki is also associated with Delhi Pradesh BJP as the vice president of media wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'