BJP MLAs demand CM`s resignation, marshalled out of Assembly
New Delhi: Almost all BJP MLAs were on Thursday marshalled out of the Delhi Assembly after they disrupted proceedings demanding resignation of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit following reports which claimed that she was blamed for irregularities in Commonwealth Games by a probe committee.
As soon as the proceedings began, senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition VK Malhotra stood up and showed a newspaper report which claimed that the VK Shunglu committee has indicted Delhi Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna and Dikshit,
among others, for delays and losses in Games projects.
Malhotra demanded Dikshit`s resignation. BJP members then trooped into the well, shouting slogans against the government and demanding that the Chief Minister should quit.
As Speaker Yoganand Shastri`s efforts to pacify them did not fructify, he ordered eviction of 22 BJP MLAs from the House. Malhotra and another senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi were not named by the Speaker but they also boycotted the
proceedings and walked out of the House.
Media reports claimed that the Shunglu panel submitted two reports -- one on the Games Village and the other on city`s infrastructure development for the mega sports event -- that nails the role of Delhi government, its agencies and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights