BJP MLAs demand detailed discussion on CWG in Delhi Assembly
New Delhi: The monsoon session of Delhi
Assembly on Tuesday got off to a stormy start with opposition BJP
strongly protesting the alleged financial irregularities and
delay in implementation of Commonwealth Games projects.
As soon as the House began proceedings, almost all the
BJP MLAs rose to their seats vociferously demanding suspension
of Question Hour and a detailed discussion on "financial
irregularities," "corruption" and "delays" in Games projects.
Demanding special discussion on Games, Leader of
Opposition V K Malhotra said, "The nation`s pride is at stake
and there must be special discussion on the issue, taking into
consideration its seriousness."
However, Speaker Yoganand Shastri rejected the demand
saying a discussion on the issue has already been scheduled
after the Question Hour and there was no need for suspension
of the Question Hour.
Angry at the Speaker`s ruling, BJP MLAs started
shouting slogans alleging "huge corruption" in all the Games
projects being implemented by Delhi Government.
Three BJP MLAs also started beating stainless steel
utensils to draw the attention of the Speaker.
Disallowing the protest, the Speaker asked Assembly
Marshals to remove Ramesh Bidhuri, S C L Gupta and Kulwant
Rana from the House.
As unrelenting BJP MLAs continued their sloganeering,
the Speaker adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
Earlier in the day, hundreds of BJP workers staged a
demonstration outside the Assembly demanding thorough probe
into the allegation of financial irregularities and corruption
in the Games projects.
The five day session of the House began by paying
homage to former MLA Shiv Charan Gupta, who died recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand