BJP MLAs demand detailed discussion on CWG in Delhi Assembly
New Delhi: The monsoon session of Delhi
Assembly on Tuesday got off to a stormy start with opposition BJP
strongly protesting the alleged financial irregularities and
delay in implementation of Commonwealth Games projects.
As soon as the House began proceedings, almost all the
BJP MLAs rose to their seats vociferously demanding suspension
of Question Hour and a detailed discussion on "financial
irregularities," "corruption" and "delays" in Games projects.
Demanding special discussion on Games, Leader of
Opposition V K Malhotra said, "The nation`s pride is at stake
and there must be special discussion on the issue, taking into
consideration its seriousness."
However, Speaker Yoganand Shastri rejected the demand
saying a discussion on the issue has already been scheduled
after the Question Hour and there was no need for suspension
of the Question Hour.
Angry at the Speaker`s ruling, BJP MLAs started
shouting slogans alleging "huge corruption" in all the Games
projects being implemented by Delhi Government.
Three BJP MLAs also started beating stainless steel
utensils to draw the attention of the Speaker.
Disallowing the protest, the Speaker asked Assembly
Marshals to remove Ramesh Bidhuri, S C L Gupta and Kulwant
Rana from the House.
As unrelenting BJP MLAs continued their sloganeering,
the Speaker adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
Earlier in the day, hundreds of BJP workers staged a
demonstration outside the Assembly demanding thorough probe
into the allegation of financial irregularities and corruption
in the Games projects.
The five day session of the House began by paying
homage to former MLA Shiv Charan Gupta, who died recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India