BJP MLAs in Delhi Assembly suspended for 3 days
New Delhi: All the BJP MLAs in Delhi Assembly
were on Thursday suspended for three days and marshalled out after
they created ruckus in the House demanding a discussion on
Twenty-four MLAs, including Opposition Leader V K
Malhotra, were marshalled out after the House met for the
second time during the day following a 30-minute adjournement
forced by vociferous opposition lawmakers.
They were suspended for the next three days.
As soon as the House assembled, BJP MLAs trooped to the
well of the House and shouted slogans against the Congress-led
government following which the proceedings were adjourned for
half an hour.
When the House resumed work, the scene was no different
and the BJP MLAs questioned Speaker Yoganand Shastri`s
decision to allow Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to make a
statement on allegations in CAG report on Commonwealth Games
on Tuesday while they were not allowed to speak on the issue.
The BJP MLAs blew conch inside the House and shouted
slogans against the government and Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister had claimed that Malhotra was also
involved in the irregularities. Reacting to this, he said no
enquiry committee has taken his name.
"I was not involved in any decision making while CM was
part of the GoM that monitored the progress of Games related
projects," he told the House.
As the din continued, Education Minister Arvinder Singh
Lovely proposed removal of the opposition MLAs from the House
which was accepted by the Speaker following which they were
The BJP has moved a privilege motion against Dikshit
alleging that it was not right on her part to make a statement
in the House when the Speaker rejected their demand for a
discussion on corruption.
Two Congress MLAs also moved a privilege motion against
Malhotra for leading the ruckus in House saying that as far as
rules of Assembly were concerned, no MLA can shout slogans and
bring banners and posters into House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside