BJP MLAs meet Kejriwal, complain of water scarcity
New Delhi: A delegation of MLAs of Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday met Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal discussing the issue of water crises in their constituencies and asked him to adress the problem at the earliest.
The delegation comprised Sat Prakash Rana from Bijwasan, Rajesh Gehlot from Matiala, Pradyuman Rajput from Dwarka, Subhash Sachdeva from Moti Nagar and Ajit Singh Khadkhari from Najafgarh.
During the meeting, the MLAs said that despite the Chief Minister`s promise to provide 666 litres of water to every household in the city, scores of families are suffering due to water crisis in their areas.
"We have requested the CM to take action and provide us water with a timeframe, failing which we will have to start an agitation against him," Rajesh Gehlot said.
They complained there are pipelines and tube wells have been set up but there is no water in the area. "We had complained about the problem even to the previous government, but nothing was done," said Subhash Sachdeva.
Sachdeva said the ban on water tractors has also caused trouble to the area. "As there is no water in the area, the only way we had got water was through water tractors. And now there is no water," he said.
The MLAs said the CM has told them that he will look into their problems and call a meeting of the officials soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof