BJP MLAs meet Prez over demand for Delhi law min`s sacking
New Delhi: A delegation of Delhi BJP MLAs led by the leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Harsh Vardhan on Monday met President Pranab Mukherjee to press for the removal of Somnath Bharti, the Law Minister in the AAP government.
The delegation handed over a memorandum to the President which sought to draw his attention to 15 issues.
"We have demanded Bharti`s resignation. He should not continue in his post as he forcibly entered the residence of some women of African origin, searched them and misbehaved with them. The law minister`s act was totally illegal," Vardhan said after the meeting.
The delegation also raised the issue of AAP deciding to call a special session of the Assembly outside its designated premises to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill.
"The AAP government is creating a constitutional crisis in Delhi by being adamant about holding the special session and by trying to bring in the Jan Lokpal Bill directly, without the mandatory prior approval from central government," Vardhan added.
The BJP members also alleged that due to non-cooperation by AAP, an inquiry into the donations received by the party had still not been completed.
The memorandum also mentioned the issue of AAP leaders` reaction to the President`s remarks during his Republic Day address.
"Instead of taking the President`s remarks seriously... Delhi government made fun of his speech," Vardhan said.
He also alleged that AAP acts at the behest of CIA.
The President assured the delegation that he would look into the issues raised by the BJP MLAs, Vardhan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal