BJP MLAs want party to support AAP and form govt in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal announced that his party was ready for fresh elections, a report said on Thursday that a number of newly-elected BJP MLAs in Delhi Assembly favour backing AAP to form government.
Notably, Congress has offered to extend unconditional outside support to AAP and form a government.
The BJP emerged as the largest party in the Delhi Assembly in the recent polls. However, the BJP MLAs are not in favour of re-election, which is expected if neither BJP nor AAP stake claim to form a government. Kejriwal has also chided the BJP for failing to form a government despite having 31 seats.
AAP won 28 of 70 seats in Delhi in its debut elections.
Kejriwal, however, has announced that his party is set to contest the next Assembly polls in Delhi. Other AAP leaders expressed confidence about the party performing well in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
However, the BJP MLAs think that if AAP forms a government this time, the newly-formed party will not be able to fulfil the promises made in their manifesto. The failure of the AAP-led government will work in favour of the BJP in next election.
The MLAs are not in favour of putting an additional burden on public exchequer by forcing another election on the people.
Also, a number of BJP MLAs are not confident of retaining their seats in if elections are conducted again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM