BJP MP Nishikant Dubey, wife booked by Delhi Police
New Delhi: BJP MP Nishikant Dubey and his wife Anamika Gautam were on Sunday booked by the Delhi Police on a court direction after the duo allegedly demanded Rs two crore from a person for Lok Sabha campaigning.
The case was registered on the direction of Metropolitan Magistrate Dheeraj Mittal. The Magistrate on April 3 directed SHO of Tuglak Road police station here to "register an FIR and investigate the matter, as per law".
The court, however, made it clear that registration of an FIR, "does not imply that the police will immediately arrest the accused persons".
When contacted, Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S B S Tyagi, confirmed the development.
"An FIR has been registered after a court order in this case. We have to verify the allegations made in this matter from the complainant," Tyagi said.
The Magistrate ordered registration of case while hearing a petition filed by Delhi-based Sandeep Sharma, under Section 156(3) of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
Sharma had alleged that the BJP`S Nishikant, a Lok Sabha MP from Godda constituency of Jharkhand and his wife Anamika had on November 19, 2013 forcibly entered his house at Golf links here and threatened him to hand over Rs two crore for Nishikant`s "political ambitions".
Sharma in his complaint had said that Nishikant and his wife had also caused injuries to him "by slaps and blows".
He had sought registration of FIR against the two under the various sections of IPC, including voluntarily causing hurt, extortion by putting a person in fear of death, criminal breach of trust, cheating, house-trespass and criminal conspiracy besides others.
In case a complainant feels aggrieved when the police turn him away without registering FIR against those who subjected him to a cognizable offence, he has the right to approach a Magistrate under Section 156(3) of CrPC, to get an order for registration of his FIR and investigation by police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged