BJP MP Nishikant Dubey, wife booked by Delhi Police
New Delhi: BJP MP Nishikant Dubey and his wife Anamika Gautam were on Sunday booked by the Delhi Police on a court direction after the duo allegedly demanded Rs two crore from a person for Lok Sabha campaigning.
The case was registered on the direction of Metropolitan Magistrate Dheeraj Mittal. The Magistrate on April 3 directed SHO of Tuglak Road police station here to "register an FIR and investigate the matter, as per law".
The court, however, made it clear that registration of an FIR, "does not imply that the police will immediately arrest the accused persons".
When contacted, Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S B S Tyagi, confirmed the development.
"An FIR has been registered after a court order in this case. We have to verify the allegations made in this matter from the complainant," Tyagi said.
The Magistrate ordered registration of case while hearing a petition filed by Delhi-based Sandeep Sharma, under Section 156(3) of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
Sharma had alleged that the BJP`S Nishikant, a Lok Sabha MP from Godda constituency of Jharkhand and his wife Anamika had on November 19, 2013 forcibly entered his house at Golf links here and threatened him to hand over Rs two crore for Nishikant`s "political ambitions".
Sharma in his complaint had said that Nishikant and his wife had also caused injuries to him "by slaps and blows".
He had sought registration of FIR against the two under the various sections of IPC, including voluntarily causing hurt, extortion by putting a person in fear of death, criminal breach of trust, cheating, house-trespass and criminal conspiracy besides others.
In case a complainant feels aggrieved when the police turn him away without registering FIR against those who subjected him to a cognizable offence, he has the right to approach a Magistrate under Section 156(3) of CrPC, to get an order for registration of his FIR and investigation by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo