BJP mulling to form govt in Delhi with `rebel` AAP, Congress MLAs
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party is reported to be considering the option of forming government in Delhi with the help of turncoat Congress and AAP MLAs.
A report in an English daily Tuesday claimed that several MLAs from the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party have sent feelers to the BJP, which recently formed the government at the Centre.
At present, the Delhi Legislative Assembly is in suspended animation and President’s rule has been imposed in the national capital owing to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal resignation as CM on February 14.
BJP sources have been reported as saying that the view within the party was to form a government in Delhi without going for fresh elections.
The report further claimed that if the BJP takes a call on forming the government in the capital, then the CM`s post could be given to either Badarpur MLA Rambir Singh Bidhuri or Janakpuri MLA Professor Jagadish Mukhi.
Also doing the rounds are names of former Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel, who is now a Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan, and New Delhi MP Meenakshi Lekhi.
Dr Harsh Vardhan, who was the BJP`s CM candidate when polls were held late last year, is now a Union Minister. Party sources have said that he would not return to state politics, at least in the near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi