BJP mulling to form govt in Delhi with `rebel` AAP, Congress MLAs
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party is reported to be considering the option of forming government in Delhi with the help of turncoat Congress and AAP MLAs.
A report in an English daily Tuesday claimed that several MLAs from the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party have sent feelers to the BJP, which recently formed the government at the Centre.
At present, the Delhi Legislative Assembly is in suspended animation and President’s rule has been imposed in the national capital owing to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal resignation as CM on February 14.
BJP sources have been reported as saying that the view within the party was to form a government in Delhi without going for fresh elections.
The report further claimed that if the BJP takes a call on forming the government in the capital, then the CM`s post could be given to either Badarpur MLA Rambir Singh Bidhuri or Janakpuri MLA Professor Jagadish Mukhi.
Also doing the rounds are names of former Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel, who is now a Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan, and New Delhi MP Meenakshi Lekhi.
Dr Harsh Vardhan, who was the BJP`s CM candidate when polls were held late last year, is now a Union Minister. Party sources have said that he would not return to state politics, at least in the near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof