BJP prez cautions AP MLA over "inappropriate comments"
New Delhi: Taking serious note of adverse remarks made by an Andhra Pradesh legislator against former party chief M Venkaiah Naidu, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday asked its state unit head to ensure that members desisted from making inappropriate remarks.
Singh has also sought a report from the AP BJP president on the issue after another legislator, P Chandrasekhar, came out in support of the comments by BJP MLA Yennam Srinivas Reddy in connection with the proposed bifurcation of the state. Chandrasekhar is a BJP national executive member.
However, after Reddy apologised for his remarks, Naidu has asked Singh that no action be taken against the MLA as "he had realised his mistake and regretted it publicly".
"Keeping the incident in mind, Singh has instructed the state unit president to ensure that party leaders refrained from making inappropriate and unwarranted comments in public," a BJP statement said.
The statement, meanwhile, added that, "The party has also taken note of the threats posed by some groups against certain senior leaders and instructed them to follow party discipline and decorum."
Reacting to the former party chief`s comments, reported in the media, that BJP would not blindly support the Telangana Bill "as many of our suggested amendments have not been incorporated in it", Reddy had said, "Naidu must not play spoilsport at this crucial juncture when the T process has reached its final stage".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert