BJP prez cautions AP MLA over "inappropriate comments"
New Delhi: Taking serious note of adverse remarks made by an Andhra Pradesh legislator against former party chief M Venkaiah Naidu, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday asked its state unit head to ensure that members desisted from making inappropriate remarks.
Singh has also sought a report from the AP BJP president on the issue after another legislator, P Chandrasekhar, came out in support of the comments by BJP MLA Yennam Srinivas Reddy in connection with the proposed bifurcation of the state. Chandrasekhar is a BJP national executive member.
However, after Reddy apologised for his remarks, Naidu has asked Singh that no action be taken against the MLA as "he had realised his mistake and regretted it publicly".
"Keeping the incident in mind, Singh has instructed the state unit president to ensure that party leaders refrained from making inappropriate and unwarranted comments in public," a BJP statement said.
The statement, meanwhile, added that, "The party has also taken note of the threats posed by some groups against certain senior leaders and instructed them to follow party discipline and decorum."
Reacting to the former party chief`s comments, reported in the media, that BJP would not blindly support the Telangana Bill "as many of our suggested amendments have not been incorporated in it", Reddy had said, "Naidu must not play spoilsport at this crucial juncture when the T process has reached its final stage".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!
- Hurrah! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' got cleared by CBFC with NO CUTS!
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!