BJP protest demanding action in cash-for-vote scam
New Delhi: BJP activists held a demonstration
at Jantar Mantar on Saturday demanding punishment to those involved
in the `cash-for-vote` scam and attempted to march to the
BJP leaders present at the demonstration demanded "stern
punishment to the Congressmen" involved in the scam, charging
that action was deliberately not taken in the case as it would
have implicated "high profile" people in the government.
The activists led by BJP state president Vijender Gupta
and other leaders including Navjot Singh Sidhu, Vijay Kumar
Malhotra and Vijay Goel tried to march towards Parliament.
However, they said they were stopped by the police midway
The party alleged that Delhi Police was going slow in
this case because Home Minister P Chidambaram wants no action
to be taken in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news