BJP protesters create a flutter near Parliament
New Delhi: Dodging high security, scores of
protesters of BJP`s youth wing on Tuesday reached the outer gate of
Parliament complex meant for VIPs, raising slogans demanding
removal of Delhi Chief Minister.
Security agencies went into a tizzy as the BJP activists
neared the Parliament complex, which is in a designated `high
security` zone where no protests are allowed.
The BJP activists were raising slogans demanding the
removal of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and on price
As soon as the BJP members reached the gate, Parliament
security staff including the Delhi Police and CRPF swung into
action and all the gates of the complex were closed.
Quick Reaction Teams (QRT) of the Into-Tibetan Border
Police (ITBP) also took positions in their armoured vehicles
to block entry into Parliament premises.
In less than ten minutes, police officials removed the
BJP members from there and normalcy was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?