BJP protesters create a flutter near Parliament
New Delhi: Dodging high security, scores of
protesters of BJP`s youth wing on Tuesday reached the outer gate of
Parliament complex meant for VIPs, raising slogans demanding
removal of Delhi Chief Minister.
Security agencies went into a tizzy as the BJP activists
neared the Parliament complex, which is in a designated `high
security` zone where no protests are allowed.
The BJP activists were raising slogans demanding the
removal of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and on price
As soon as the BJP members reached the gate, Parliament
security staff including the Delhi Police and CRPF swung into
action and all the gates of the complex were closed.
Quick Reaction Teams (QRT) of the Into-Tibetan Border
Police (ITBP) also took positions in their armoured vehicles
to block entry into Parliament premises.
In less than ten minutes, police officials removed the
BJP members from there and normalcy was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje