BJP protesters create a flutter near Parliament
New Delhi: Dodging high security, scores of
protesters of BJP`s youth wing on Tuesday reached the outer gate of
Parliament complex meant for VIPs, raising slogans demanding
removal of Delhi Chief Minister.
Security agencies went into a tizzy as the BJP activists
neared the Parliament complex, which is in a designated `high
security` zone where no protests are allowed.
The BJP activists were raising slogans demanding the
removal of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and on price
As soon as the BJP members reached the gate, Parliament
security staff including the Delhi Police and CRPF swung into
action and all the gates of the complex were closed.
Quick Reaction Teams (QRT) of the Into-Tibetan Border
Police (ITBP) also took positions in their armoured vehicles
to block entry into Parliament premises.
In less than ten minutes, police officials removed the
BJP members from there and normalcy was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends