BJP seeks details of a missing file on 2G case
New Delhi: BJP on Friday claimed that it had
details of a file relating to the 2G spectrum allocation which
now remains untraceable and demanded that the government
should come out with the truth and stop shielding Home
Minister P Chidambaram in the case.
Charging that Chidambaram- who was Finance Minister
when the 2G spectrum allocations were made- is "as guilty" as
then Telecom Minister A Raja, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said
action should be initiated against him as well.
"All papers in the public domain support the charge
that Chidambaram is as guilty as Raja," Sinha said.
Janata Party President Subramanium Swamy has asked in
court for details of a file- pertaining to the 2G scam- which
has gone missing.
Asked for his comments, Sinha said, "Even I have a file
number- 20/100/2007-AS-1 (PT)- which the government says does
not exist. Several such files are missing."
Sinha maintained that Chidambaram should not be
summoned as a witness but as an accused in court in the 2G
spectrum allocation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?