BJP seeks PM`s help to resolve water crisis in Delhi
New Delhi: Accusing Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of total mismanagement in handling the water crisis, BJP on Tuesday demanded Prime Minister`s intervention to ensure availability of water in the national capital.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel while slamming the government`s handling of the issue said his party will soon come out with a "white paper" which will "feature ways and means the overcome the challenge of water crisis".
"We want Prime Minister to intervene and arrange water for the people of Delhi. We will produce a `white paper` to deal with problems related to water crisis and solutions to deal with it," Goel said.
Various areas in the city have been facing acute water shortage due to increase in demand.
He said four states - Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, and Rajasthan - held a meeting today in which the three other states were not ready to provide water to the national capital.
"The CM is moving away from her responsibilities and has failed to the solve water problem. There is no planning. The govt is talking about regularisation of 900 colonies but you (govt) have no water to provide them," Goel said.
Cautioning people to be ready to pay high power tariff post elections if the Congress comes back to power, Goel said, "The public should make themselves ready to pay Rs 10-12 per unit the price of electricity after the election (if Congress is voted back to power)... The Delhi government with DERC are involved in corruption."
To reduce power consumption, the Delhi government should take steps like putting off billboards and night signboards after 10 PM, so that wastage of electricity can be reduced, he said.
"Govt should conduct an energy audit so that we can know how much electricity is being consumed in government offices and how much for industrial, commercial and domestic purposes," he said.
He said the CM should resign if she is unable to provide water and electricity in the capital.
"If law and order worsens, government blames Delhi police; if there is power crisis, it blames DERC and for water shortage it is blaming the Hooda government in Haryana. Then what this Delhi government is doing? Goel asked.
Goel also emphasised on the need of reservoirs and water harvesting to deal with water shortage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested