BJP slams Centre for price rise
Patna: The BJP on Saturday slammed the Centre for price rise and demanded that it should explain as to what measures it was taking to check spiralling prices of essential commodities in the face of a famine-like situation in the country.
Talking to reporters here, Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad said, "the prices are skyrocketing for the past four years and the situation is very bad ... Now the Centre should explain as to whether it has any plan to rein in the price spiral."
He alleged that the Centre was rubbing salt into the wounds of inflation-hit people. "We have never imagined such a situation as according to reports, the prices of essential commodities have increased three times in three years," he said.
Even the Union Agriculture Minister has accepted there is deficient rainfall and the country is facing famine-like situation, he said.
He said the BJP would continue to register its protest against the price rise and alleged that the Prime Minister had utterly failed to check the price spiral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city