BJP slams Centre for price rise
Patna: The BJP on Saturday slammed the Centre for price rise and demanded that it should explain as to what measures it was taking to check spiralling prices of essential commodities in the face of a famine-like situation in the country.
Talking to reporters here, Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad said, "the prices are skyrocketing for the past four years and the situation is very bad ... Now the Centre should explain as to whether it has any plan to rein in the price spiral."
He alleged that the Centre was rubbing salt into the wounds of inflation-hit people. "We have never imagined such a situation as according to reports, the prices of essential commodities have increased three times in three years," he said.
Even the Union Agriculture Minister has accepted there is deficient rainfall and the country is facing famine-like situation, he said.
He said the BJP would continue to register its protest against the price rise and alleged that the Prime Minister had utterly failed to check the price spiral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured