BJP slams Delhi govt; promises revising land acquisition rates
New Delhi: With an eye on the forthcoming Delhi assembly elections, the BJP on Sunday said if voted to power, they would set land acquisition rates in the national capital at four times the market value.
"The party will fix land acquisition rates in Delhi at four times the prevailing market value," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said at a rally in Narela.
She accused the Delhi Government of becoming a "profiteering" government rather than working for welfare.
While reiterating that the land acquisition rates will be quadrupled if his party won, state BJP chief Vijay Goel alleged that the present government had ignored rural Delhi during its years of rule.
"Even after 14 years of ruling Delhi, Shiela Dikshit does not know the location of Narela, Kanjhawla and Najafgarh and has ignored rural Delhi completely," Goel accused.
He claimed that with elections approaching, the Delhi government was building roads that will last only two months.
Among other poll promises, he also said the BJP will regularise illegal colonies and make sure that land registration and loan facilities are provided in these areas.
"Electricity will be 30 per cent cheaper as soon as BJP comes into power. Loot by power companies will be stopped. Water problems will be eradicated," he said.
While Swaraj promised to bring the Metro to Narela, Goel said the party would work towards extension of Lal Dora, better drinking water, road and sewage networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi