BJP slams Delhi govt; promises revising land acquisition rates
New Delhi: With an eye on the forthcoming Delhi assembly elections, the BJP on Sunday said if voted to power, they would set land acquisition rates in the national capital at four times the market value.
"The party will fix land acquisition rates in Delhi at four times the prevailing market value," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said at a rally in Narela.
She accused the Delhi Government of becoming a "profiteering" government rather than working for welfare.
While reiterating that the land acquisition rates will be quadrupled if his party won, state BJP chief Vijay Goel alleged that the present government had ignored rural Delhi during its years of rule.
"Even after 14 years of ruling Delhi, Shiela Dikshit does not know the location of Narela, Kanjhawla and Najafgarh and has ignored rural Delhi completely," Goel accused.
He claimed that with elections approaching, the Delhi government was building roads that will last only two months.
Among other poll promises, he also said the BJP will regularise illegal colonies and make sure that land registration and loan facilities are provided in these areas.
"Electricity will be 30 per cent cheaper as soon as BJP comes into power. Loot by power companies will be stopped. Water problems will be eradicated," he said.
While Swaraj promised to bring the Metro to Narela, Goel said the party would work towards extension of Lal Dora, better drinking water, road and sewage networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India