BJP slams Delhi govt; promises revising land acquisition rates
New Delhi: With an eye on the forthcoming Delhi assembly elections, the BJP on Sunday said if voted to power, they would set land acquisition rates in the national capital at four times the market value.
"The party will fix land acquisition rates in Delhi at four times the prevailing market value," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said at a rally in Narela.
She accused the Delhi Government of becoming a "profiteering" government rather than working for welfare.
While reiterating that the land acquisition rates will be quadrupled if his party won, state BJP chief Vijay Goel alleged that the present government had ignored rural Delhi during its years of rule.
"Even after 14 years of ruling Delhi, Shiela Dikshit does not know the location of Narela, Kanjhawla and Najafgarh and has ignored rural Delhi completely," Goel accused.
He claimed that with elections approaching, the Delhi government was building roads that will last only two months.
Among other poll promises, he also said the BJP will regularise illegal colonies and make sure that land registration and loan facilities are provided in these areas.
"Electricity will be 30 per cent cheaper as soon as BJP comes into power. Loot by power companies will be stopped. Water problems will be eradicated," he said.
While Swaraj promised to bring the Metro to Narela, Goel said the party would work towards extension of Lal Dora, better drinking water, road and sewage networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority