BJP slams nomination of Kalmadi, Raja; JD(U) sees no wrong
New Delhi: The nomination of controversial MPs Suresh Kalmadi and A Raja to Parliamentary Standing Committees on Wednesday drew flak from BJP, which said it showed that Congress- led UPA was not serious about fighting corruption, but its ally JD(U) did not see anything wrong in it.
Congress, however, defended the decision and maintained it is the right of MPs to become members of the Standing Committees.
BJP said that though Suresh Kalmadi was sent to jail in the Commonwealth Games scam he has been made a member of Parliament`s Standing Committee on External Affairs by the Congress.
"This decision was taken by Congress President Sonia Gandhi who has nominated Kalmadi to the Standing Committee. The Lok Sabha Speaker has only appended by signature to the decision," Rudy said.
His colleague and BJP spokesperson J P Nadda echoed these views, alleging that Congress is supporting corruption.
"When some cases come they (Congress) try to suppress those facts and they are not serious about fighting corruption. Even in the coal block, the Prime Minister is found to be directly involved because he himself was the coal Minister," he alleged.
However, BJP`s NDA partner JD(U) disagreed with it.
"They are MPs. A Raja is involved in 2G spectrum scam, but he will not be included in the Consultative Committee of telecom. Similarly, Kalmadi is facing charges in the area of sports. Their right in the Committees as MPs will remain intact," JD(U) President and NDA Convenor Sharad Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof