BJP slams SP, BSP for `double standards` in supporting UPA
New Delhi: BJP Tuesday hit out at SP and BSP for their "double standards" in supporting Congress-led UPA government, while insisting that it has no intention of bringing it down.
"We don`t want to bring down the government. It is UPA`s problem to decide who supports it and who does not. Some of its allies maintain different stand in Delhi and Lucknow," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said while addressing a rally organised by Bharatiya Janta Majdoor Sangh.
Without naming Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party which are supporting the UPA from outside, but are opposing FDI in retail and hike in diesel price, he said, "They oppose government`s policies, but support it when they come to Delhi. These are the parties which go for a duel in Lucknow but offer friendship in Delhi."
Charging the UPA government with being corrupt and anti-people, Gadkari cited the various scams worth crores of rupees in allocations for 2G spectrum, coal blocks and Commonwealth Games.
"They have blackened their face in coal scam. How will they be able to do anything for welfare of poor. 2G spectrum was a scam of worth Rs 1.76 lakh crore, then CWG happened. Now in coal allocation there is a scam of Rs 1.86 lakh crore," he alleged.
Retorting to the allegations that BJP is not letting the government function properly, Gadkari said, "Sonia Gandhi says BJP is not allowing the government to function. But does that mean we are the inspiration behind these scams. Did we guide them on the path of committing these scams."
Targeting the Congress for its "anti-people measures", he alleged, "Congress has ruined the poor and labourers. Congress is not the party of poor but looters.
"This is the all India Congress of thieves and it will never do anything for welfare of poor. This is not All India Congress Committee but All India Coal Congress committee."
Voicing hope that NDA will come back to power in the next general elections with a BJP Prime Minister, Gadkari promised to implement schemes for welfare of poor and labourers.
Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi was also present at the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself