BJP stands to gain most from Patna blasts: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday said that the main opposition party, BJP, stands to gain the most from Patna serial blasts while holding the Nitish Kumar government responsible for serious security lapses.
Talking to reporters, Singh said, "The bomb blasts in Patna would benefit the BJP in coming elections."
The Congress leader also categorically denied playing politics on the issue and said that he strongly condemns any act of violence.
Singh had on Sunday tweeted, "Another blast in Patna. Perfect setting for Modi`s launch in Bihar."
"I strongly condemn the blasts. I did not politicise it. It is unfortunate that I have been misunderstood every time. I don`t regret my tweets on Patna blasts."
Blaming the Nitish Kumar government for the blasts, Singh said, "The buck stops with him. Absolutely, it is a major security lapse. Niitsh Kumar is responsible for this. Finding the culprits responsible for the blasts is a big challenge for Nitish Kumar."
Singh`s tweet has triggered a war of words between Congress and the BJP, which has accused the former of politicising the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP