BJP stands to gain most from Patna blasts: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday said that the main opposition party, BJP, stands to gain the most from Patna serial blasts while holding the Nitish Kumar government responsible for serious security lapses.
Talking to reporters, Singh said, "The bomb blasts in Patna would benefit the BJP in coming elections."
The Congress leader also categorically denied playing politics on the issue and said that he strongly condemns any act of violence.
Singh had on Sunday tweeted, "Another blast in Patna. Perfect setting for Modi`s launch in Bihar."
"I strongly condemn the blasts. I did not politicise it. It is unfortunate that I have been misunderstood every time. I don`t regret my tweets on Patna blasts."
Blaming the Nitish Kumar government for the blasts, Singh said, "The buck stops with him. Absolutely, it is a major security lapse. Niitsh Kumar is responsible for this. Finding the culprits responsible for the blasts is a big challenge for Nitish Kumar."
Singh`s tweet has triggered a war of words between Congress and the BJP, which has accused the former of politicising the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch