BJP stands to gain most from Patna blasts: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday said that the main opposition party, BJP, stands to gain the most from Patna serial blasts while holding the Nitish Kumar government responsible for serious security lapses.
Talking to reporters, Singh said, "The bomb blasts in Patna would benefit the BJP in coming elections."
The Congress leader also categorically denied playing politics on the issue and said that he strongly condemns any act of violence.
Singh had on Sunday tweeted, "Another blast in Patna. Perfect setting for Modi`s launch in Bihar."
"I strongly condemn the blasts. I did not politicise it. It is unfortunate that I have been misunderstood every time. I don`t regret my tweets on Patna blasts."
Blaming the Nitish Kumar government for the blasts, Singh said, "The buck stops with him. Absolutely, it is a major security lapse. Niitsh Kumar is responsible for this. Finding the culprits responsible for the blasts is a big challenge for Nitish Kumar."
Singh`s tweet has triggered a war of words between Congress and the BJP, which has accused the former of politicising the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick