BJP stands to gain most from Patna blasts: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday said that the main opposition party, BJP, stands to gain the most from Patna serial blasts while holding the Nitish Kumar government responsible for serious security lapses.
Talking to reporters, Singh said, "The bomb blasts in Patna would benefit the BJP in coming elections."
The Congress leader also categorically denied playing politics on the issue and said that he strongly condemns any act of violence.
Singh had on Sunday tweeted, "Another blast in Patna. Perfect setting for Modi`s launch in Bihar."
"I strongly condemn the blasts. I did not politicise it. It is unfortunate that I have been misunderstood every time. I don`t regret my tweets on Patna blasts."
Blaming the Nitish Kumar government for the blasts, Singh said, "The buck stops with him. Absolutely, it is a major security lapse. Niitsh Kumar is responsible for this. Finding the culprits responsible for the blasts is a big challenge for Nitish Kumar."
Singh`s tweet has triggered a war of words between Congress and the BJP, which has accused the former of politicising the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof