BJP to hold massive rally against hike in Delhi power tariff
New Delhi: Taking its fight against the recent power hike in the capital, Delhi BJP will organise a massive rally next month demanding the dismissal of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The BJP will stage demonstrations and rallies in Delhi against rise in electricity charges. The party will also press for Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s dismissal," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said.
"All Resident Welfare Associations, social and cultural organisations and other voluntary organisations engaged in public welfare works will take part in this rally. Residents from unauthorised colonies, slum clusters, rehabilitation colonies, jhuggi jhompris will also participate in the rally," he said.
The decision was taken at a meeting of office bearers attended by district presidents, legislators, councillors and senior leaders.
Gupta also said the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), the party`s youth wing, will stage a march from Jantar Mantar to the Prime Minister`s residence on September 16 demanding withdrawal of the hike in power tariff.
He said Delhi University students should ensure defeat of NSUI candidates in DUSU polls scheduled for tomorrow to send a strong message to the Congress party that the anti-people government will not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!