BJP to hold massive rally against hike in Delhi power tariff
New Delhi: Taking its fight against the recent power hike in the capital, Delhi BJP will organise a massive rally next month demanding the dismissal of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The BJP will stage demonstrations and rallies in Delhi against rise in electricity charges. The party will also press for Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s dismissal," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said.
"All Resident Welfare Associations, social and cultural organisations and other voluntary organisations engaged in public welfare works will take part in this rally. Residents from unauthorised colonies, slum clusters, rehabilitation colonies, jhuggi jhompris will also participate in the rally," he said.
The decision was taken at a meeting of office bearers attended by district presidents, legislators, councillors and senior leaders.
Gupta also said the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), the party`s youth wing, will stage a march from Jantar Mantar to the Prime Minister`s residence on September 16 demanding withdrawal of the hike in power tariff.
He said Delhi University students should ensure defeat of NSUI candidates in DUSU polls scheduled for tomorrow to send a strong message to the Congress party that the anti-people government will not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred