BJP to hold massive rally against hike in Delhi power tariff
New Delhi: Taking its fight against the recent power hike in the capital, Delhi BJP will organise a massive rally next month demanding the dismissal of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The BJP will stage demonstrations and rallies in Delhi against rise in electricity charges. The party will also press for Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s dismissal," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said.
"All Resident Welfare Associations, social and cultural organisations and other voluntary organisations engaged in public welfare works will take part in this rally. Residents from unauthorised colonies, slum clusters, rehabilitation colonies, jhuggi jhompris will also participate in the rally," he said.
The decision was taken at a meeting of office bearers attended by district presidents, legislators, councillors and senior leaders.
Gupta also said the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), the party`s youth wing, will stage a march from Jantar Mantar to the Prime Minister`s residence on September 16 demanding withdrawal of the hike in power tariff.
He said Delhi University students should ensure defeat of NSUI candidates in DUSU polls scheduled for tomorrow to send a strong message to the Congress party that the anti-people government will not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes