BJP to launch `Bijli Andolan` if power tariff not rationalised
New Delhi: Accusing AAP government of failing to bring any clarity on power tariffs, BJP on Sunday said it will launch a `Bijli Andolan` if the issue is not addressed immediately.
"The BJP will launch a door-to-door campaign if power tariff is not rationalised for all sets of consumers. Also all the power metres should be corrected immediately and the power companies should be penalised for outages," Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel said.
He said the party will launch a `Bijli Andolan` if corrective measures are not taken immediately."
Accusing Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of shifting the responsibility of power cuts on discoms, Goel said, "The AAP government has failed to bring any clarity on the issue. There is no step to repair the metres which are running fast.
"The Chief Minister has shifted the onus for power cuts on the power companies as Delhiites suffer from long and unscheduled power cuts."
"Those consuming above 400 units per month will continue to pay high tariff.
Taxpayers money is being given to power companies in the name of tariff," he said.
He also slammed Kejriwal and his Cabinet colleagues for being "busy in making populist statements while the administration has come to a halt and there is complete chaos in every sphere of governance."
The Delhi BJP chief also alleged that instead of utilisng skills of officials they are being subjected to humiliation and arbitrary orders. "This has led to a grave crisis of governance," he added.
He said that people of Delhi have been handed over a raw deal by the AAP-Cong alliance Government so far. "The BJP will not tolerate this and will expose the unholy alliance between AAP and Congress," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder