BJP to take out protest march demanding Sheila`s removal
New Delhi: Delhi BJP will take out a protest march tomorrow demanding removal of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit following a court ordering registration of an FIR against her for allegedly misusing government funds for a 2008 pre-Assembly poll advertisement campaign.
The protest march will begin at 11 AM from Delhi Vidhan Sabha and culminate at Raj Niwas. BJP had held a protest rally at Dikshit`s residence yesterday on the same issue.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly V K Malhotra would lead the delegation of party MLAs and municipal corporators, who would meet Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung and hand him a memorandum requesting immediate dismissal of Dikshit, a joint statement from the two leaders said.
"An unprecedented constitutional and moral crisis is looming over in national capital as even after court`s order to register an FIR against the Chief Minister in a corruption case, she is refusing to step down. We have no option but to take to streets to demand her dismissal.
"The BJP will hold a protest march tomorrow and ask Lt Governor to sack the CM," said Goel.
Former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta, whose complaint against Dikshit led to the lodging of the FIR, will also be present on the occasion.
He said the CM was also guilty of not allowing the BJP ruled municipal corporations to work.
She is not allowing funds to be released in time despite repeated pleas from the MCDs, which is gross misuse of her position, the BJP leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!