BJP to take out protest march demanding Sheila`s removal
New Delhi: Delhi BJP will take out a protest march tomorrow demanding removal of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit following a court ordering registration of an FIR against her for allegedly misusing government funds for a 2008 pre-Assembly poll advertisement campaign.
The protest march will begin at 11 AM from Delhi Vidhan Sabha and culminate at Raj Niwas. BJP had held a protest rally at Dikshit`s residence yesterday on the same issue.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly V K Malhotra would lead the delegation of party MLAs and municipal corporators, who would meet Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung and hand him a memorandum requesting immediate dismissal of Dikshit, a joint statement from the two leaders said.
"An unprecedented constitutional and moral crisis is looming over in national capital as even after court`s order to register an FIR against the Chief Minister in a corruption case, she is refusing to step down. We have no option but to take to streets to demand her dismissal.
"The BJP will hold a protest march tomorrow and ask Lt Governor to sack the CM," said Goel.
Former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta, whose complaint against Dikshit led to the lodging of the FIR, will also be present on the occasion.
He said the CM was also guilty of not allowing the BJP ruled municipal corporations to work.
She is not allowing funds to be released in time despite repeated pleas from the MCDs, which is gross misuse of her position, the BJP leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015