BJP will change Delhi into a smiling city: Harsh Vardhan
New Delhi: BJP`s election manifesto for the Delhi Assembly polls will feature Harsh Vardhan`s `Delhi Model` which will be the "bedrock" for transforming the city into a "smiling" metropolis, if the party wins the assembly election.
"If we can implement the model then it will be appreciated not only in India but also in the foreign countries. I am sure people will visit Delhi to see the Delhi Model of development for running their own governments," he said.
Vardhan said if he becomes the chief minister, then all houses in the city will be fitted with solar power while water harvesting facility will be provided in every "big house".
"BJP is also planning to make Delhi free from pollution. Experts are already framing plans in this regards. The Yamuna which has been converted into a dirty drain by the Congress government will again be made lifeline of the people of Delhi under BJP rule.
"BJP will change Delhi into a smiling city by providing sufficient power, water, better education, health care and transport infrastructure. We will also ensure empowerment of women and handicapped persons by starting welfare programmes," he said.
Exhorting people to support BJP in the election, he promised to transform Delhi into a better city in next five years if BJP the party was voted to power.
"If people of Delhi give me opportunity to serve them as chief minister then the city will see a major transformation in the next five years," said Vardhan, who is credited with making the pulse polio programme successful in Delhi during his tenure as health minister from 1993-98.
He also hit out at Congress for questioning his administrative capability and said it was trying to "cover up" its failures by making personal attack on him.
"Former Prime Minister I K Gujral had once said if `I had to select best Health Minister of the country then the first choice would be Harsh Vardhan`," the Chief Ministerial candidate of BJP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday