BJP will do well in Delhi polls under Harsh Vardhan: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi today expressed confidence that the party will do well in Delhi Assembly polls under the leadership of Harsh Vardhan.
"Congratulations to Dr. Harsh Vardhan on being named BJP`s CM candidate for upcoming Delhi elections. My best wishes," Modi said on twitter.
"As Health Minister, his (Harsh Vardhan`s) trend-setting polio eradication drive made Delhi polio-free & now I am sure he will free Delhi from misgovernance," he further said.
He further wrote that "under the leadership of Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Shri Vijay Goyal, I am confident BJP will do great in the Delhi Vidhan Sabha Elections."
The decision to declare Dr Harsh Vardhan as BJP`s chief ministerial candidate for the December 4 Delhi Assembly elections was taken by the party`s parliamentary board today.
Modi was not present in the meeting but had given his consent for the name of Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered