BJP will do well in Delhi polls under Harsh Vardhan: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi today expressed confidence that the party will do well in Delhi Assembly polls under the leadership of Harsh Vardhan.
"Congratulations to Dr. Harsh Vardhan on being named BJP`s CM candidate for upcoming Delhi elections. My best wishes," Modi said on twitter.
"As Health Minister, his (Harsh Vardhan`s) trend-setting polio eradication drive made Delhi polio-free & now I am sure he will free Delhi from misgovernance," he further said.
He further wrote that "under the leadership of Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Shri Vijay Goyal, I am confident BJP will do great in the Delhi Vidhan Sabha Elections."
The decision to declare Dr Harsh Vardhan as BJP`s chief ministerial candidate for the December 4 Delhi Assembly elections was taken by the party`s parliamentary board today.
Modi was not present in the meeting but had given his consent for the name of Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach