BJP women activists protest price hike
New Delhi: Over a 100 women activists of the BJP`s women wing gathered outside the ruling Congress` office Saturday to protest the steep price rise.
Holding placards in their hands, the activists of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP`s) Mahila Morcha gathered outside the Congress office at 24, Akbar Road in central Delhi, at about 1 p.m. and raised slogans against the central government.
The protesters tried to break through a barricade, leading Delhi Police to use water cannons to disperse them.
"We have detained few protesters, while others dispersed when we used water cannons. The detained protesters were taken in a bus to Parliament Street police station," a police official told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre