BJP women activists protest price hike
New Delhi: Over a 100 women activists of the BJP`s women wing gathered outside the ruling Congress` office Saturday to protest the steep price rise.
Holding placards in their hands, the activists of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP`s) Mahila Morcha gathered outside the Congress office at 24, Akbar Road in central Delhi, at about 1 p.m. and raised slogans against the central government.
The protesters tried to break through a barricade, leading Delhi Police to use water cannons to disperse them.
"We have detained few protesters, while others dispersed when we used water cannons. The detained protesters were taken in a bus to Parliament Street police station," a police official told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dead Bangladesh-American suspect was friend of cafe attacker: Police
- China, Russia navies to hold drills in South China Sea: Beijing
- 2017 new Suzuki Swift sheds heavy camouflage! Check out the spy pics
- Two of Turkey's four-star generals resign a day after military cull: Report
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway opened for traffic