BJP women activists protest price hike
New Delhi: Over a 100 women activists of the BJP`s women wing gathered outside the ruling Congress` office Saturday to protest the steep price rise.
Holding placards in their hands, the activists of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP`s) Mahila Morcha gathered outside the Congress office at 24, Akbar Road in central Delhi, at about 1 p.m. and raised slogans against the central government.
The protesters tried to break through a barricade, leading Delhi Police to use water cannons to disperse them.
"We have detained few protesters, while others dispersed when we used water cannons. The detained protesters were taken in a bus to Parliament Street police station," a police official told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31