BJP workers march towards Pak embassy, stopped mid-way
New Delhi: BJP activists on Wednesday staged a protest march to the Pakistan embassy here but police stopped them mid-way during their protest against the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army.
The activists, who started their march from Delhi BJP office, were stopped near the RML Hospital.
Addressing the protesters, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said India should give a befitting reply to the "barbaric" action so that such actions of the Pakistan army comes to an end.
Terming the incident as insult to all Indians, Gupta said BJP will support every action of the government taken against Pakistan in this case.
Senior BJP leader Vijay Kumar Malhotra said the incident reminds people about the sacrifice of Captain Saurav Kalia and his colleagues.
Captain Kalia and five other jawans were captured by Pakistani troops on May 15, 1999 while they were patrolling. They were tortured in captivity and their mutilated bodies were later handed over to the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you