BJP workers march towards Pak embassy, stopped mid-way
New Delhi: BJP activists on Wednesday staged a protest march to the Pakistan embassy here but police stopped them mid-way during their protest against the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army.
The activists, who started their march from Delhi BJP office, were stopped near the RML Hospital.
Addressing the protesters, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said India should give a befitting reply to the "barbaric" action so that such actions of the Pakistan army comes to an end.
Terming the incident as insult to all Indians, Gupta said BJP will support every action of the government taken against Pakistan in this case.
Senior BJP leader Vijay Kumar Malhotra said the incident reminds people about the sacrifice of Captain Saurav Kalia and his colleagues.
Captain Kalia and five other jawans were captured by Pakistani troops on May 15, 1999 while they were patrolling. They were tortured in captivity and their mutilated bodies were later handed over to the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!