BJP youth wing workers detained during protest
New Delhi: About 30 activists of the BJP`s youth wing protesting the UPA-II government`s corruption scandals were detained when they were trying to march towards Connaught Place in central Delhi.
Hundreds of activists of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) gathered near Ashoka Road and wanted to march towards Connaught Place but were restrained by police personnel.
The protesters managed to break through a barricade, leading to the Delhi Police using water cannons.
"We have detained about 30 protesters. Other protesters were dispersed using water cannons. Those arrested were taken in a bus to Parliament Street police station," a senior police official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...