BJP youth wing workers detained during protest
New Delhi: About 30 activists of the BJP`s youth wing protesting the UPA-II government`s corruption scandals were detained when they were trying to march towards Connaught Place in central Delhi.
Hundreds of activists of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) gathered near Ashoka Road and wanted to march towards Connaught Place but were restrained by police personnel.
The protesters managed to break through a barricade, leading to the Delhi Police using water cannons.
"We have detained about 30 protesters. Other protesters were dispersed using water cannons. Those arrested were taken in a bus to Parliament Street police station," a senior police official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what