BKU announces national capital`s blockade on Jan 5
Amritsar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Friday
announced that farmers will stage an economic blockade of the national capital on January 5 if the Centre failed to accept their long-pending demands.
"This government in Delhi is deaf and dumb. We have to
stop its roji roti, only then they will hear us," BKU Punjab
chief and national coordinator Ajmer Singh Lakhowal told a
mahapanchayat organised at the Bhagtanwala grain market here.
He said farmers across the country are becoming poorer by
the day while the government was ignoring their plight.
The minimum support price (MSP) of agricultural products
should be fixed as per Swaminathan report and farmers and
landless workers be given reservations, he demanded.
Various farmer leaders including BKU`s national president
Chaudhary Rakesh Takait addressed the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH