BKU announces national capital`s blockade on Jan 5
Amritsar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Friday
announced that farmers will stage an economic blockade of the national capital on January 5 if the Centre failed to accept their long-pending demands.
"This government in Delhi is deaf and dumb. We have to
stop its roji roti, only then they will hear us," BKU Punjab
chief and national coordinator Ajmer Singh Lakhowal told a
mahapanchayat organised at the Bhagtanwala grain market here.
He said farmers across the country are becoming poorer by
the day while the government was ignoring their plight.
The minimum support price (MSP) of agricultural products
should be fixed as per Swaminathan report and farmers and
landless workers be given reservations, he demanded.
Various farmer leaders including BKU`s national president
Chaudhary Rakesh Takait addressed the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'