BKU stages protest on DND flyway; demands toll-free passage
Noida: Activists belonging to the Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) on Sunday staged a protest demanding that the Delhi-Noida Direct flyway be made toll-free.
"We want the DND toll-free. Company has earned enough money from it. State government should take the flyway back and make it toll-free," Bhartiya Kisan Union representative Ajay Pal Sharma said.
BKU decided to continue their protest here in the morning even as the DND flyway management had rolled back the hiked toll rates from last midnight.
Toll charges were increased from Rs 22 to Rs 25 on November 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video