BKU stages protest on DND flyway; demands toll-free passage
Noida: Activists belonging to the Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) on Sunday staged a protest demanding that the Delhi-Noida Direct flyway be made toll-free.
"We want the DND toll-free. Company has earned enough money from it. State government should take the flyway back and make it toll-free," Bhartiya Kisan Union representative Ajay Pal Sharma said.
BKU decided to continue their protest here in the morning even as the DND flyway management had rolled back the hiked toll rates from last midnight.
Toll charges were increased from Rs 22 to Rs 25 on November 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL