Blast was to paralyse judicial work: Delhi HC CJ
New Delhi: The blast at Delhi High Court that
left 12 people dead was intended to "paralyse" its
functioning, Chief Justice Dipak Misra on Thursday said as the legal
fraternity condoled the loss of lives in the bombing.
"The incident intended to paralyse the functioning of the
high court that dispenses justice without fear or favour but
because of the total solidarity of learned and courageous
members of the Bar and my esteemed colleagues the court work
functioned at 2.15 pm," Justice Misra said.
The full court reference, attended by all the judges of
the high court and lawyers, was held to condole death of blast
The chief justice termed the incident as "one of the
saddest day in the human history".
"To combat and defeat the endeavours of the malcontents
to disturb the smooth functioning of the high court and other
public institutions, it was decided to continue to work
undeterred," he said and lauded lawyers and litigants for
helping the bench in holding courts.
Additional Solicitor General and President of the Delhi
High Court Bar Association A S Chandhiok, who was also seen
helping the victims, said it was not only an attack on
judiciary but a direct attack on a national institution.
"About the incident, there was a remark that it was a
follow up of a dry-run that took place on May 25 and probably
we learnt no lesson from that... Indeed we lack the ability
to learn from experience of others and our own or render such
instances the seriousness they deserve...," Chandhiok said.
The judges, lawyers and others also observed two minutes
of silence as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'