Blueline driver gets life for assaulting woman
New Delhi: A Blueline bus driver, who
brutally assaulted a Kashmiri migrant girl with a meat chopper
after she refused to marry him, has been sentenced to life
imprisonment by a Delhi court which described him as a
"psychopath and sexually perverted beast".
Additional Sessions Judge Rakesh Tiwari sentenced West
Delhi resident Mahman Singh to life imprisonment for abducting
Monica and attacking her with a meat chopper after she refused
to marry him. After inflicting over 80 injuries on the girl`s
body, Singh had set ablaze the room in which he had kept her.
"From the ghastly acts of violence which he has committed
with the victim, (it`s clear) the convict is a sadist of third
degree, a psychopath and sexually perverted beast and he can
go to any extent with this state of affairs of his mind to do
any wrong either to himself or to the members of the society,"
the court said.
The court convicted Singh, taking note of Monica`s
deposition that he continued to write letters to her even from
jail and terrorised her during his trial.
"The convict did not stop here as he has no remorse or
repentance and even after committing the crime, he continued
to write letters from judicial custody in jail to the house of
the victim so as to create a terror in the victim`s mind," it
The prosecution said that Monica, who worked as a
computer operator at Karol Bagh, used to travel from her
residence in Hari Nagar to her workplace in a Blueline bus,
driven by Singh. As Singh used to stare at her, she had
stopped travelling in his bus, suspecting his intentions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25