Blueline victim’s kin get Rs 16L compensation
New Delhi: The kin of a youth, mowed down by a rashly-driven Blueline bus in 2006, has been given Rs 16.03 lakh as compensation by a road mishap tribunal.
A city`s Motor Accident Claim Tribunal (MACT) directed the bus insurer, New India Assurance Company Ltd, to release forthwith Rs 1.03 lakh in favour of the widow of the 26-year-old victim and Rs two lakh in favour of his parents.
The tribunal said out of the remaining money, to be released later, a sum of Rs 5 lakh be deposited in a bank in for the victim`s child, who was born a few months after Yadav`s death.
This amount would be released to him after the child attains majority, the tribunal said.
"I hereby award an amount of Rs 16,03,664 as compensation with interest at the rate of nine per cent per annum, from May 2006 till realisation of the amount, in favour of the petitioners," MACT Presiding Officer Nirja Bhatia said.
The Tribunal reached the compensation amount considering the fact that the victim was earning around Rs 12,000 while working as a sales executive in a private company.
The tribunal was informed that on April 26, 2006 morning, Yadav was riding his motorcycle near Okhla in South Delhi when he was hit by a Blueline bus, driven "rashly and negligently at a fast speed."
The victim fell from his motorcycle and came under the tyre of bus. He was declared brought dead to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog