BMW hit-and-run: Identification parade rejected
Gurgaon: A local court on Thursday rejected the identification parade of Suraj Sehrawat, main accused in the BMW hit-and-run case in which two persons were killed.
The court, which had earlier ordered the identification parade, said that media had already revealed the identity of the suspect so there was no need to conduct the exercise again.
However, it asked the suspect to give his blood samples to police for further probe.
The Gurgaon Police had sought court`s permission to get Suraj`s blood samples and the clothes he was wearing at the time of the accident for further investigation.
A pregnant woman, Kshama Chopra, and the driver of her car died on the spot when Suraj’s speeding BMW hit a Tata Indigo they were travelling in on May 5 near IFFCO Chowk here.
Three others in the car including her parents and husband were seriously injured.
At present, only Kshama`s husband is in a condition to identify the accused.
Suraj recently surrendered before the court and was let off on a conditional bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks