Bodies of girl, youth recovered in Yamuna river
New Delhi: Five days after they went missing from their houses, a teenaged girl and a 20-year-old youth were found dead with their hands tied in Yamuna river here on Sunday, police said.
Bodies of the youth and the 16-year-old girl, both residents of Inderpuri in west Delhi, were fished out from the river in Sunlight Colony area this morning, they said.
The victims were missing since April 28.
Meanwhile, a suicide note has been recovered from the girl`s house, stating that the victims, who considered themselves as brother-sister, took the extreme step after their families did not give approval to their relationship, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP