Bodies of girl, youth recovered in Yamuna river
New Delhi: Five days after they went missing from their houses, a teenaged girl and a 20-year-old youth were found dead with their hands tied in Yamuna river here on Sunday, police said.
Bodies of the youth and the 16-year-old girl, both residents of Inderpuri in west Delhi, were fished out from the river in Sunlight Colony area this morning, they said.
The victims were missing since April 28.
Meanwhile, a suicide note has been recovered from the girl`s house, stating that the victims, who considered themselves as brother-sister, took the extreme step after their families did not give approval to their relationship, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader