Bodies of girl, youth recovered in Yamuna river
New Delhi: Five days after they went missing from their houses, a teenaged girl and a 20-year-old youth were found dead with their hands tied in Yamuna river here on Sunday, police said.
Bodies of the youth and the 16-year-old girl, both residents of Inderpuri in west Delhi, were fished out from the river in Sunlight Colony area this morning, they said.
The victims were missing since April 28.
Meanwhile, a suicide note has been recovered from the girl`s house, stating that the victims, who considered themselves as brother-sister, took the extreme step after their families did not give approval to their relationship, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi