Bomb hoax in South Delhi
New Delhi: A text message that got
circulated over Blackberry phones claiming that a bomb has
been recovered in south Delhi on Wednesday triggered panic but turned
out to be a hoax.
The "badly worded" text message, generated through
Blackberry messenger, claimed that bomb disposal squads
recovered a bomb in Vasant Kunj, a senior police official
"The message got forwarded to so many people and this
triggered some panic. It claimed that the bomb disposal squads
sent by police recovered a bomb. We have not sent anyone and
we have not recovered any bomb," the official said adding the
message has been declared a hoax.
Investigations are on to ascertain how the message was
generated and who sent it.
Meanwhile, a mock exercise was conducted in Greater
Kailash to check the preparedness of various security agencies
in case of a terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!