Bomb hoax in South Delhi
New Delhi: A text message that got
circulated over Blackberry phones claiming that a bomb has
been recovered in south Delhi on Wednesday triggered panic but turned
out to be a hoax.
The "badly worded" text message, generated through
Blackberry messenger, claimed that bomb disposal squads
recovered a bomb in Vasant Kunj, a senior police official
"The message got forwarded to so many people and this
triggered some panic. It claimed that the bomb disposal squads
sent by police recovered a bomb. We have not sent anyone and
we have not recovered any bomb," the official said adding the
message has been declared a hoax.
Investigations are on to ascertain how the message was
generated and who sent it.
Meanwhile, a mock exercise was conducted in Greater
Kailash to check the preparedness of various security agencies
in case of a terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise