Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: An unclaimed baggage near a metro station on Saturday triggered a bomb scare in the heart of the national capital but later it turned out to be a Computer Processing Unit (CPU).
The incident was reported from Rajiv Chowk metro station at around 10.30 am when a commuter spotted an unclaimed baggage on the stairs.
Police and CISF were alerted and Bomb Disposal Teams and dog squads were rushed to the spot to search the premises as well as the baggage.
A senior police official said the baggage contained a CPU, which has been handed over to Delhi Metro officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM