Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: An unclaimed baggage near a metro station on Saturday triggered a bomb scare in the heart of the national capital but later it turned out to be a Computer Processing Unit (CPU).
The incident was reported from Rajiv Chowk metro station at around 10.30 am when a commuter spotted an unclaimed baggage on the stairs.
Police and CISF were alerted and Bomb Disposal Teams and dog squads were rushed to the spot to search the premises as well as the baggage.
A senior police official said the baggage contained a CPU, which has been handed over to Delhi Metro officials.
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality