Bomb scare at New Delhi Railway Station
New Delhi: An anonymous call claiming
that an explosive had been kept in a bag in a Howrah-bound
train on Tuesday sent authorities into a tizzy at New Delhi Railway
Government Railway Police, which received the call
this afternoon, stopped the departure of the Poorva Express
which was scheduled to leave at 4.20 pm from platform no 16.
Bomb disposal squad of Delhi police was called and
checks were being carried out, sources in GRP said, adding
further details were awaited.
The search operation is on and nothing is clear yet, a
senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes