Bomb scare at New Delhi Railway Station
New Delhi: An anonymous call claiming
that an explosive had been kept in a bag in a Howrah-bound
train on Tuesday sent authorities into a tizzy at New Delhi Railway
Government Railway Police, which received the call
this afternoon, stopped the departure of the Poorva Express
which was scheduled to leave at 4.20 pm from platform no 16.
Bomb disposal squad of Delhi police was called and
checks were being carried out, sources in GRP said, adding
further details were awaited.
The search operation is on and nothing is clear yet, a
senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations