Bomb scare at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
New Delhi: Panic was triggered at the busy Rajiv Chowk Metro station here on Thursday after police received an anonymous call to blow up the station.
Police received a call at around 2:51 pm claiming that a bomb has been placed inside the station, which sees a footfall of almost five lakh everyday, and all entry points to the station was closed at 3:12 pm, officials said.
"Bomb squad reached the station at 3:12 pm after which the entry into the station was not permitted. The search is on," they said.
However, metro operations were normal and people were allowed to use the interchange facility at the busy station, Metro officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'