Bomb scare at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
New Delhi: Panic was triggered at the busy Rajiv Chowk Metro station here on Thursday after police received an anonymous call to blow up the station.
Police received a call at around 2:51 pm claiming that a bomb has been placed inside the station, which sees a footfall of almost five lakh everyday, and all entry points to the station was closed at 3:12 pm, officials said.
"Bomb squad reached the station at 3:12 pm after which the entry into the station was not permitted. The search is on," they said.
However, metro operations were normal and people were allowed to use the interchange facility at the busy station, Metro officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered