Book couple under SC/ST act: Delhi court
New Delhi: A couple has been ordered to be put on trial by a Delhi court for allegedly making derogatory and castiest remarks against a scheduled caste widow publicly.
Additional Sessions Judge T R Naval said there is prima facie enough evidence against the Delhi-based couple to order framing of charges against them for the offences under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocity) Act.
He ordered framing of charges against them for offences dealing with intentionally insulting a member of a scheduled caste in a public place to humiliate him/her.
"Prima facie there is sufficient material to frame charge against both the accused for the offence of atrocity punishable under section 3 (i) (x) of the Act. Let charge against them be framed accordingly," the court said.
The order came on widow`s complaint, which said she belonged to scheduled caste and the accused, who are her neighbours and belonged to a higher caste, uttered castiest remarks to humiliate her publicly last year in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued