Book couple under SC/ST act: Delhi court
New Delhi: A couple has been ordered to be put on trial by a Delhi court for allegedly making derogatory and castiest remarks against a scheduled caste widow publicly.
Additional Sessions Judge T R Naval said there is prima facie enough evidence against the Delhi-based couple to order framing of charges against them for the offences under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocity) Act.
He ordered framing of charges against them for offences dealing with intentionally insulting a member of a scheduled caste in a public place to humiliate him/her.
"Prima facie there is sufficient material to frame charge against both the accused for the offence of atrocity punishable under section 3 (i) (x) of the Act. Let charge against them be framed accordingly," the court said.
The order came on widow`s complaint, which said she belonged to scheduled caste and the accused, who are her neighbours and belonged to a higher caste, uttered castiest remarks to humiliate her publicly last year in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof