Bouncers at Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital to provide security
New Delhi: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, located in the national capital has come up with an unique idea of providing security to its staff by hiring bouncers!
The hospital, which has repeatedly suffered wrath of patients relatives in the recent past, hired bouncers in April this year to provide security and maintain discipline within the premises. Interestingly, since then there has been no untoward incident.
The decision was taken after friends of a patient badly thrashed a doctor and broke his nose. They even broke the windows, furniture of the hospital with hockey sticks. The hospital staff says such incident were a routine affair and every month atleast one such incident occurred.
Talking to a news agency Dr Nitin Seth, the doctor who was injured in April said, “The medical staff at DDU, a government hospital, had faced nearly one attack a month and had gone on strike 20 times over six years demanding better security. Since the hospital replaced its middle-aged, pot-bellied guards with bar bouncers, bodyguards, and wrestlers sporting muscles and tattoos, "there hasn`t been a single incident."
Though, they look tough guys, the bouncers who are doing an excellent job to provide security to the hospital staff are very polite and soft spoken.
Interacting with the agency, Pradeep Kumar, a bouncer at the hospital said, "We don`t let anyone in unless they need to be there, and we know how to be polite about it."
"First we talk nice," said another bouncer Amarjeet Singh. "If they don`t listen, troublemakers are taken to the Casualty Medical Officer`s room to sort things out, and if that doesn`t work, police from the nearby post are called in to get them evicted.
"In any case, we are not allowed to rough anyone up," he added.
Doctors at the hospital are also happy with the administration’s decision and acr convinced that the bouncers are doing a good job.
"These guys do a good job controlling the crowds," Dr Seth said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender