Boy drowned in Delhi after Holi celebrations
New Delhi: A teenager drowned to death in
the national capital this afternoon while he was taking bath
in river Yamuna after playing Holi, fire brigade officials
The incident was reported from an area near Nanaksar
Gurudwara in Sonia Vihar at around 3 pm.
After playing Holi, Vicky (15) had gone to the river
to wash himself when the incident took place.
"He wanted to wash off the colours. However, he was
washed away by the water current. His friend, who was with
him, informed us," a senior police official said.
Two divers of the Delhi Fire Department rushed to the
spot and fished out his body out after an hour, the official
The body has been sent to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital
for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!