Boy drowned in Delhi after Holi celebrations
New Delhi: A teenager drowned to death in
the national capital this afternoon while he was taking bath
in river Yamuna after playing Holi, fire brigade officials
The incident was reported from an area near Nanaksar
Gurudwara in Sonia Vihar at around 3 pm.
After playing Holi, Vicky (15) had gone to the river
to wash himself when the incident took place.
"He wanted to wash off the colours. However, he was
washed away by the water current. His friend, who was with
him, informed us," a senior police official said.
Two divers of the Delhi Fire Department rushed to the
spot and fished out his body out after an hour, the official
The body has been sent to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital
for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert