Boy drowned in Delhi after Holi celebrations
New Delhi: A teenager drowned to death in
the national capital this afternoon while he was taking bath
in river Yamuna after playing Holi, fire brigade officials
The incident was reported from an area near Nanaksar
Gurudwara in Sonia Vihar at around 3 pm.
After playing Holi, Vicky (15) had gone to the river
to wash himself when the incident took place.
"He wanted to wash off the colours. However, he was
washed away by the water current. His friend, who was with
him, informed us," a senior police official said.
Two divers of the Delhi Fire Department rushed to the
spot and fished out his body out after an hour, the official
The body has been sent to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital
for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi