Boy injured by javelin battling for life in ICU
New Delhi: The 11-year-old boy, who sustained severe injuries after being hit by a javelin, is battling for his life in the Intensive Care Unit at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, doctors said on Thursday.
"The head injury is severe and his condition is critical. He is on ventilator," doctors said referring to Roshan Lama.
Lama, a Std VI student of Sarvodaya Government School in CR Park in South Delhi, was on Tuesday injured when a javelin thrown by a senior student hit his head.
"Doctors said they have done everything they could to save him... They say only God`s miracle can save him now," said Suraj Lama, the father of the 11-year-old boy and a driver by profession.
"I am still not able to digest the entire incident. He was well and fine till Monday. I just want him to recover," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged