Boy injured by javelin battling for life in ICU
New Delhi: The 11-year-old boy, who sustained severe injuries after being hit by a javelin, is battling for his life in the Intensive Care Unit at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, doctors said on Thursday.
"The head injury is severe and his condition is critical. He is on ventilator," doctors said referring to Roshan Lama.
Lama, a Std VI student of Sarvodaya Government School in CR Park in South Delhi, was on Tuesday injured when a javelin thrown by a senior student hit his head.
"Doctors said they have done everything they could to save him... They say only God`s miracle can save him now," said Suraj Lama, the father of the 11-year-old boy and a driver by profession.
"I am still not able to digest the entire incident. He was well and fine till Monday. I just want him to recover," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch