Boy injured by javelin battling for life in ICU
New Delhi: The 11-year-old boy, who sustained severe injuries after being hit by a javelin, is battling for his life in the Intensive Care Unit at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, doctors said on Thursday.
"The head injury is severe and his condition is critical. He is on ventilator," doctors said referring to Roshan Lama.
Lama, a Std VI student of Sarvodaya Government School in CR Park in South Delhi, was on Tuesday injured when a javelin thrown by a senior student hit his head.
"Doctors said they have done everything they could to save him... They say only God`s miracle can save him now," said Suraj Lama, the father of the 11-year-old boy and a driver by profession.
"I am still not able to digest the entire incident. He was well and fine till Monday. I just want him to recover," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list