Boy jumps from school balcony after being beaten by teacher
New Delhi: A Class VI boy allegedly jumped
from the second-floor balcony of his east Delhi school today
after he was scolded and beaten up by his teacher for coming
late, police said.
The student, identified as Sahil Sachdeva, was
admitted to a nearby hospital with fractures in his legs and
doctors said he was out of danger.
The incident was reported from Mother Teresa School in
Preet Vihar at around 9 AM.
"The family claimed that the boy reached the school
late by around 15 minutes and the teacher scolded him. She
also beat him up in front of his classmates. Feeling
humiliated and fearing that he may be scolded again, he jumped
from the balcony," a senior police official said.
He jumped from the second floor balcony and fell on
the staircase, he said. School authorities rushed him to a
nearby hospital where they allegedly told the doctors that the
boy fell down while climbing the stairs.
School authorities could not be reached for comments.
"There are no external injuries on the boy except for
the fractures in his legs," the official said.
Sahil`s mother Sangeeta claimed that the boy told her
that he jumped from the building after a teacher scolded him.
"He left our Gitar Nagar home at around 8:30 AN. After
about half an hour we received a call that he was admitted to
a hospital. My son told me that he jumped from the building
after the teacher scolded him," she said.
The official said police is investigating the incident
but no case has been registered yet.
"We are probing the matter. We are verifying the
claims and counter claims. We will register a case when we get
something concrete," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday