Boy jumps from school balcony after being beaten by teacher
New Delhi: A Class VI boy allegedly jumped
from the second-floor balcony of his east Delhi school today
after he was scolded and beaten up by his teacher for coming
late, police said.
The student, identified as Sahil Sachdeva, was
admitted to a nearby hospital with fractures in his legs and
doctors said he was out of danger.
The incident was reported from Mother Teresa School in
Preet Vihar at around 9 AM.
"The family claimed that the boy reached the school
late by around 15 minutes and the teacher scolded him. She
also beat him up in front of his classmates. Feeling
humiliated and fearing that he may be scolded again, he jumped
from the balcony," a senior police official said.
He jumped from the second floor balcony and fell on
the staircase, he said. School authorities rushed him to a
nearby hospital where they allegedly told the doctors that the
boy fell down while climbing the stairs.
School authorities could not be reached for comments.
"There are no external injuries on the boy except for
the fractures in his legs," the official said.
Sahil`s mother Sangeeta claimed that the boy told her
that he jumped from the building after a teacher scolded him.
"He left our Gitar Nagar home at around 8:30 AN. After
about half an hour we received a call that he was admitted to
a hospital. My son told me that he jumped from the building
after the teacher scolded him," she said.
The official said police is investigating the incident
but no case has been registered yet.
"We are probing the matter. We are verifying the
claims and counter claims. We will register a case when we get
something concrete," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’