Boy killed over trivial issue; 5 held
New Delhi: An argument over Rs 100 during
a pilgrimage a fortnight ago cost a boy his life when five
persons, including a minor boy, attacked him in north-west
Delhi on his return, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Jehangirpuri last night and
five persons, including the minor and a woman, were
apprehended. The victim has been identified as Mohit (17).
The accused have been identified as Suresh (45), his
wife Munni (40), his sons Prashant (22), Raju (22) and the
The incident leading to the murder took place on July
17 when the victim and the three sons of Suresh had gone to
Hardwar for a pilgrimage.
"The three brothers had an argument with Hemant, the
brother of Mohit, over Rs 100 while they were returning to
Delhi. However, the matter was resolved then after other
pilgrims intervened," Meenu Choudhary, Deputy Commissioner of
Police (North-West), said.
However last night, Raju, Prasant and the minor along
with their father and mother allegedly attacked the family of
"During this, Mohit was stabbed and he succumbed to
injuries. Mohit`s mother and his sister are still admitted in
a hospital," Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj