Boy killed over trivial issue; 5 held
New Delhi: An argument over Rs 100 during
a pilgrimage a fortnight ago cost a boy his life when five
persons, including a minor boy, attacked him in north-west
Delhi on his return, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Jehangirpuri last night and
five persons, including the minor and a woman, were
apprehended. The victim has been identified as Mohit (17).
The accused have been identified as Suresh (45), his
wife Munni (40), his sons Prashant (22), Raju (22) and the
The incident leading to the murder took place on July
17 when the victim and the three sons of Suresh had gone to
Hardwar for a pilgrimage.
"The three brothers had an argument with Hemant, the
brother of Mohit, over Rs 100 while they were returning to
Delhi. However, the matter was resolved then after other
pilgrims intervened," Meenu Choudhary, Deputy Commissioner of
Police (North-West), said.
However last night, Raju, Prasant and the minor along
with their father and mother allegedly attacked the family of
"During this, Mohit was stabbed and he succumbed to
injuries. Mohit`s mother and his sister are still admitted in
a hospital," Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing