Boy rescued, doctor couple booked for torturing hi
New Delhi: A 14-year-old boy employed as a
domestic help has been rescued from a place here by Delhi police who has booked a doctor couple for allegedly
torturing him in illegal confinement.
Dinesh and his wife Preety, both employed as doctors with
a private hospital here, were arrested and later released on
bail, police said, adding the parents of the minor have also
been informed about the incident.
The boy was found locked in the house of the couple at
Bharat Nagar in north-west Delhi here on January, they said.
The doctors used to torture the boy, hailing from
Darbhanga district in Bihar, who was employed as a domestic
help with them, police said.
The victim, allegedly locked in a room, was noticed by a
passerby who, in turn, informed the police, which led to the
arrest of the couple, they said.
Meanwhile, the boy, who came here with his uncle to earn
a living, was sent to a children welfare home, they said,
adding that the couple has been booked under the Juvenile
Justice Act, the Child Labour Act and the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred