Boy rescued, doctor couple booked for torturing hi
New Delhi: A 14-year-old boy employed as a
domestic help has been rescued from a place here by Delhi police who has booked a doctor couple for allegedly
torturing him in illegal confinement.
Dinesh and his wife Preety, both employed as doctors with
a private hospital here, were arrested and later released on
bail, police said, adding the parents of the minor have also
been informed about the incident.
The boy was found locked in the house of the couple at
Bharat Nagar in north-west Delhi here on January, they said.
The doctors used to torture the boy, hailing from
Darbhanga district in Bihar, who was employed as a domestic
help with them, police said.
The victim, allegedly locked in a room, was noticed by a
passerby who, in turn, informed the police, which led to the
arrest of the couple, they said.
Meanwhile, the boy, who came here with his uncle to earn
a living, was sent to a children welfare home, they said,
adding that the couple has been booked under the Juvenile
Justice Act, the Child Labour Act and the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof