Boy`s death: Delhi HC seeks explanation from NCT Delhi, BSES
New Delhi: The Delhi High court on Wednesday
sought an explanation from the city government and the power
distribution company BSES over the death of a 12-year-old boy
of electrocution after falling in a ditch at Seema Puri area
of northeast Delhi last week.
Taking suo motu cognizance over the reported incident,
a Division Bench of Chief Justice A P Shah and Justice S
Muralidhar issued a notice to Public Works Department(PWD) of
NCT government, Delhi Police and BSES and sought their replies
by November 11.
On October 10, Mohammed Shakeel Baig died after he
came in contact with an electricity wire on the road as PWD
had started work on installation of street lights in the area.
Seema Puri police has registered a case under section
304A (negligence) against unnamed persons.
According to the police, Shakeel was going back to his
house. As he jumped to cross the divider, he fell in a ditch
and came in contact with the electric wire, said the police.
The PWD is carrying out replacement of streetlights in
the area, as per the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy