BPO employee rape: Cops release sketch of suspect
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday released a sketch of a suspect among the five men who allegedly abducted and raped a 30-year-old call-centre employee even as it failed to arrest anyone in the case.
"We have released a sketch after talking to the victim
and her colleague who was with her at the time of the
incident," a senior police official said.
The 30-year-old woman was walking towards her home in
Moti Village in south Delhi early Wednesday morning along with
her one of her colleagues when the men in a vehicle abducted
her and took turns to rape her. She was later dumped in
Mongolpuri after which she approached police.
Police have gone through the footage from three CCTVs in
the locality but did not get much clue from it as the
clippings were blurred, the official said.
The city police also issued instructions to its force
which included dropping of women stranded in the capital by
PCR vans at their homes.
"If any woman feels stranded, she is advised to call PCR
helpline `100`. PCR van will drop her at her residence," Delhi
Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
The Station House Officers of localities where girls from
the North-East live in large numbers have also been directed
to meet them and sensitise them in respect of security on
regular basis, he said.
"Delhi Police has also intensified patrolling and
checking during night on vulnerable roads," Bhagat said.
A senior police official said Special Commissioner
(Crime) Ranjit Narayan will write to BPOs asking them to take
necessary measures to ensure safety of their employees.
Delhi Police had been insisting that a woman employee
should be accompanied by a security guard and that cab drivers
should not pick up any stranger on the way.
"Effective check and control of vehicle movement with
installation of GPS system and verification of cab drivers
were emphasised on in the meeting. It was also said that they
should drop the women at their doorsteps and move only after
getting telephonic confirmation," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert